Florida Collectors Association Holds Successful Annual Conference
Earlier this month, the Florida Collectors Association (FCA)
held its annual conference in Palm Coast, Florida, at the Hammock Beach Golf Resort & Spa, featuring a full slate of educational and networking opportunities for those who attended.
Educational insights included:
- Keynote Speaker Tyler Enslin led a discussion on “Effective Feedback.” This interactive presentation examined feedback from both perspectives: giving and receiving. Participants determined why constructive or “negative” feedback is often either avoided or delivered in a way that is ineffective.
- ACA International’s Vice President of Government and State Affairs Andrew Madden provided an extensive update on recent legislative and regulatory activity and detailed ways your agency and your clients can help make a big difference in shaping the public perception of the accounts receivable management industry and the issues that will impact our daily operations in the future.
- Kelli Krueger, ACA International’s director of education, presented a session titled “Innovate to Dominate: The Ultimate Challenge.” Attendees developed the skills to actively listen to team members and incorporate different perspectives in decision-making, as well as create a culture of experimentation and resilience within your organization.
- Rick Perr with Kaufman Dolowich Voluck presented “Masterclass on Electronic Communication: Everything You Should Know About Emailing, Texting and Modern Communication.”
With 54 enthusiastic attendees, the conference not only served as a platform for industry professionals to come together but also showcased their commitment to giving back to the community. The highlight of this year's conference was the successful fundraising effort that raised over $2,000 for Junior Achievement's 3DE program.
The FCA also installed its 2023/24 Board of Directors and officers during the conference. These members dedicate their time to serve in a leadership role and provide guidance and direction for the association.
The 2023/24 FCA officers and new Board of Directors include:
- President: Pam Kirchner, BCA Financial Services, Palmetto Bay, Florida
- President Elect: Julie Thompson, Lotane & Associates, Cocoa, Florida
- Secretary/Treasurer: Mike Debski, Debski & Associate, Jacksonville, Florida
- Directors: Daniel Day, Lotane & Associates, Cocoa, Florida, and Rick Perr, Kaufman Dolowich Voluck, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The FCA also extends its special thanks to David Kelley, president and CEO of The Preferred Group in Tampa, Florida, for his service as the 2022/23 FCA president.
The success of this year's annual conference would not have been possible without the generous support of the event's sponsors: Applied Innovation, Communications Resource Management, CompuMail, CWA Merchant Services, ezPay365, Intelligent Contacts, Number Sentry, Payment Savvy, PaymentVision, Renkim, REPAY, RevSpring, Skit.ai, TCN, TEC Services Group, TRAKAmerica, TransUnion and VoApps.