FCA Holds Successful Hybrid In-Person and Virtual Annual Conference & Installs Officers and Board of Directors
Last week the Florida Collectors Association (FCA) held its annual conference at the Hyatt Regency Sarasota. It was one of the first live industry events since the coronavirus pandemic hit the United States in mid-March. The FCA offered a full slate of educational and networking opportunities for those who attended the event in person, while also offering an opportunity to participate virtually to those who were unable to make the trip.
Matt Kiefer, FCA President said, “David Kelley said it best, “This is the next normal”, but FCA was very happy to be able to put on one of, if not the first, live and virtual conferences after the Pandemic shut things down and we did it in a safe and effective manner in collaboration with the staff of the Hyatt Regency Hotel. Melissa Nash and Lori Cameron did a great job putting this together with Tammy Schoenberg at ACA International. None of this would have been possible without the support of our members and especially our sponsors. But a special shout-out goes to Mike Gibb, with Accountsrecovery.net and his expertise in handling the virtual aspect of the event.”
In addition, other participants were pleased with how the event went.
“Decades of business experience have taught me to recognize true and committed professional organizations of which Florida Collectors Association is absolutely one of the best! As a vendor I’ve always helped sponsor and attend FCA exhibitions and have never been disappointed. The professionalism and quality of FCA’s programs are second to none. For over 25 years I’ve consistently relied on FCA for cutting edge ARM industry information and continue to learn many superior and proven business practices. Additionally, I applaud current leadership for yet another fantastically effective and excellent conference!” – Dan Donaldson, SVP, Communications Resource Management Corp., Ocoee, Fla.
“Great Job everyone at FCA for an awesome conference. If you weren't here, you missed a great one! I can't wait to go back and tell all our other industries' portfolio associations (outside of ARM industry), that they need to step it up and get out like FCA did!” – Doug Easly, NPC, Claysburg, Pa.
“Great job by the FCA leadership on the live conference in Sarasota!” – Harry Strausser, III, Applied Innovation, Wenatchee, Wash.
In addition, the FCA installed their 2020-2021 Officers and Board of Directors. These members give of their time to serve in a leadership role, providing guidance and direction for the association. The 2020-2021 FCA Board of Officers and Directors are:
- Matt Kiefer, President, The Preferred Group of Tampa, Tampa, Fla.
- Ernest “Skip” Kohlmyer, President Elect, Shepard, Smith, Kohlmyer & Hand, P.A., Maitland, Fla.
- David Kelley, Vice President, The Preferred Group of Tampa, Tampa, Fla.
- Melissa Nash, Secretary/Treasurer and Immediate Past President, CheckMark Collections, West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Jack Brown, Director, Gulf Coast Collection Bureau, Sarasota, Fla.
- Lori Cameron, Director, Connect International, Highland Park, Ill.
- Daniel Consuegra, Director, The Law Offices of Daniel C. Consuegra, Tampa, Fla.
- Michael Thiel Debski, Director, Debski & Associates, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Neal Jagoda, Director, VoApps, Atlanta, Ga.
- Pam Kirchner, Director, BCA Financial Services, Miami, Fla.
- Jeff Powell, Director, Gulf Coast Collection Bureau, Sarasota, Fla.
- Al Rookard, Director, Applied Innovation, Wenatchee, Wash.
- Kris Royal, Director, REPAY, Atlanta, Ga.
- Julie Thompson, Director, Lotane & Associates, Cocoa, Fla.
Mark your calendars for next year’s FCA Annual Conference, October 6-8, 2021, Hyatt Regency Sarasota.
For more information on the Florida Collectors Association, please visit www.fla-collectors.com